Yes! You read that right. In the month of May I made $1,313.73 from my blog. However, total for the month of May I made $2,700.11
In this post I am going to cover exactly how I did this, so keep on reading! Now I don’t want this to rub you the wrong way. My goal with this post is to inspire you and show you that it is possible to make money blogging even as a mommy blogger.
Before I started my blog I really didn’t think it was possible to make money blogging. Until I started reading other bloggers income reports and it really opened my eyes up. To be honest I had mixed feelings when I would read other bloggers income reports.
They gave me hope and showed me the potential I could have but on the other hand. I would get really frustrated that I wasn’t were they were yet. But, I didn’t let those feelings of frustration and jealousy get in my way.
If you really want to make money blogging then you will do what it takes to make it happen!
One thing I love about reading income reports is that I get amazing information from them. I learn different ways other bloggers are monetizing their blog. Since each blogger may monetize their blog a little different.
I pick a few that they are doing that I know I am good at and focus on those. One thing my husband and I say a lot is “don’t try and re-invent the wheel”. You may have heard this saying before, but it’s true! Find what is working for others and do it for yourself.
This post may contain some affiliate links. his means if you purchase through these links, I might receive a commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, see my disclosures here.
How I Made $2,700.11 As A Stay At Home Mom!
Most of my blog posts are about mommy life. So I don’t share much of how I make money from my blog. So if you landed on this blog post for the first time or are a regular reader of my blog. Below I share a little bit of how I got started!
- I started this blog dollarmommyclub.com which is the one you are reading now, in November 2017 just four months after having our first baby. My husband and I made the decision that I would be a stay at home mom as long as we were financially secure. If we were starting to struggle at all financially, we agreed that I would go back to work.
- I decided to focus on getting traffic from Pinterest. Even though I was starting from scratch. I had 0 experience on Pinterest, 0 followers, 0 pins and Pinterest worked wonders in driving 90% of my traffic to my blog. And the best part was. I didn’t spend a DIME! It was all FREE TRAFFIC!
- Two months after starting my blog I made my first $155 dollars. And as a newbie blogger that was a lot! From then every month I made more and more from by blog. With in 17 months after staring my blog I have made a total of $11,525 dollars.
I have added my May income report below. Now keep in mind this is income before taxes and expenses.
Pinterest has been my bread and butter same with MediaVine. Which I can’t complain since most of my income is from ads. As I continue to grow I am adding new revenue streams to my blogging business.
I also manage other bloggers and business owners Pinterest accounts on the side. Which contributes to my over all income. My Pinterest account gets 2.5 million monthly views and that is a number that a lot of people talk about. But it is not the most important. What really matters is how many people from Pinterest I am getting to my blog.
I have my traffic screen shots below so you can check those out!
If you are a newbie blogger and are wondering how to get traffic to your blog. Focus on Pinterest! Google takes a long time to start ranking and indexing your content. Instagram and Facebook ads are EXPENSIVE! and if you are just starting out you most likely don’t want to be spending money for ads.
My husband and I actually ran the numbers and found that the free traffic I got in 2018 from Pinterest would have cost us over 1 million dollars in Facebook ads! Crazy right!! That is why Pinterest is so amazing. In the end Focus On Pinterest!
As you can see, MediaVine and my clients bring me most of my income. You don’t need to be selling courses or products to make money from blogging. Do they help contribute to your income? Yes of course! but as a beginner blogger you can make money simply from ads!
May 2019 Blog Traffic Report
You can see from my Google Analytics screenshot below I had 108,594 pageviews on my blog in May.
And most of my traffic about 90% is coming from Pinterest! To see how I got these results keep on reading! I share how I did this below.
What I Did To Get These Results
- I invested in Anastasia Bloggers Pinterest SEO Traffic Secrets Course. Her course was a big game changer for me! I got her course shorty after my first Pinterest account accidentally got shut down.
And in less then a month my blog was getting 37,886 pageviews! Now I had to start completely from scratch again! I had no pins, followers and was getting hardly any traffic from Pinterest when my account got shut down. And in 3 months my Pinterest account was already getting 1.8 million monthly views.
2. I was putting in more work into my blog. I really wanted blogging to work for me and it’s not like I had a ton of time either. Even as a stay at home mom I was hecka busy! Our toddler is a busy little bee and I would work on my blog during her nap and after she went to bed. I knew Pinterest was going to be my main traffic source and so I spent a lot of time perfecting my Pinterest strategy.
3. I spend more time writing better content. I noticed my traffic was better when I had content that people were looking for. That is key! I was posting things that people weren’t interested in. So I started finding trending topics in my niche and writing my take on it and adding my own personal experiences. When I started doing that. My pins and traffic took off!
My Blogs Income Growth
I did not start making a ton of money from the get go. It took a lot of time, energy and patients to get where I am today. I know how easy it is to get discouraged. I still do sometimes! Keep in mind that blogging will not make you rich overnight. It is a long term game and requires A LOT OF PATIENCE!
Your income is determined by how much time and energy you put into blogging. No matter what your monetization strategy is you need traffic. You can’t make money without traffic. In order to sell you own products, make money from ads, affiliate links and even sponsored posts you need to have traffic.
As a beginner blogger focus on getting traffic and when you do the money will follow!
Did you find this post helpful? If so make sure to pin this pin to your Blogging board or Stay At Home Mom Tips.